Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peanutty Swirl Frosting

Some things are just meant to be together.  I'm not talking about the obvious Oreo and milk or peanut butter and chocolate (these are true soul mates though).  I'm talking about peanut butter and marshmallow.  Deep in the halls of suburban legend is the tale of the flutter-nutter sandwich.  It can make you laugh and make you cry, but most importantly it will make you smile.  Two slices of pure, soft, white bread, a generous smear of smooth and creamy peanut butter (no crunchy allowed), and dollop of sticky sweet marshmallow cream.  There is no greater carbo-licious (word is copyrighted to me!) dessert lunch in the universe.  So, when I saw Kristan's (Confession's of a Cookbook Queen) recipe for peanut butter marshmallow frosting I had to have it.  I made matching cupcakes (obviously) but I wasn't completely happy with how they turned out so we'll save that recipe for another day.  I may or may not have used pita chips to eat the frosting off of the cupcakes.   That only needs discussed in an anonymous setting....My name is Kacey and I eat icing on chips, and spoons, and fingers and... Visit the original recipe here Peanut Butter Marshmallow Frosting and check out my very slight adaptation below.  Make this icing for on top of rich chocolate cake or brownies or a spoon headed into your mouth.

Peanutty Marshmallow Swirl Frosting
1 Cup salted butter
1 Cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tb-1/4 Cup milk
4 Cups powdered sugar
7 oz jar marshmallow cream

Combine the butter, peanut butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.  Beat in the powdered sugar 1/2 Cup at a time.  Gradually add in the milk until the frosting is the consistency that you prefer (I used 3 Tbs rather than the 1/4 cup).  Gently fold in the marshmallow cream until it's combined but a swirl is still visible

No comments:

Post a Comment