Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Works For Me Wednesday-Potato Gloves

Parissa Exfoliating Gloves
A friend of my possesses the coolest kitchen gadget ever!  One day I was lamenting the fact that I haven't (in the nearly 10 years I've been on my own) been able to find a potato/veggie brush that worked for me.  She mentioned that she had a pair of potato scrubbing gloves from Williams-Sonoma.  In my head I was picturing those goofy as-seen-on-tv gloves, but NO, these are awesome.  I tried them on a dirty potato in her pantry and I almost cried with joy (yes, this is my life).  You can get them here from Williams-Sonoma (Potato Scrubbing Gloves) OR you can do what I did.  You see, when I tried those gloves, they reminded me of a certain pair of cheapie exfoliating gloves I had years and years ago.  So, I headed to my local Dollar Tree and purchased 2 single gloves at $1.00 a piece.  I now have my very own set of potato gloves.  They are gentle enough to use on veggies and gold/red potatos with thinner skin, but aggressive enough to use on regular Idaho potatoes.  

I highly recommending either investing in the WS pair ($11.95) or picking up some exfloiating gloves from your local dollar store or Walmart.  Skip the junky brushes!  Plus, just toss them in the laundry or dishwasher to get them nice and clean.  

This is my first time linking up to Works for Me Wednesday at http://wearethatfamily.com/.  Check it out!  

Disclaimer:  Williams Sonoma and Dollar Tree did not compensate me in anyway for this post--they don't know I exsist.  I just think they are awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment